Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Kroger Triples Trip Saving 84%

This week in order to compete with Harris Teeter, the Kroger stores nearby have offered triple coupons! I didn't have much time after work yesterday, but I stopped in just to check it out. The triple coupons run through May 9th.

Here is what I purchased:

2 Lipton Soup Mix, 1.75
- .75/2 MF Q, tripled
Final Price: .63 each

3 Bertolli Spaghetti Sauce, regularly 3.79, on sale 2.49
- 3 .75/1 MF Qs, tripled
Final Price: .24 each (This is a great deal!)

3 Betty Crocker Frosting, regularly 1.89, on sale 1.69
-3 .50/1 MF Qs, tripled
Final Price: .19 each

Dole Natural Can Fruit, 2.52
-.75/1 MF Q, tripled
Final Price: .27

Mahatma Brown Rice. 2.55
-.50/1 MF Q, tripled
Final Price: 1.05

Total before sales/coupons: 26.35
Sales: 4.50
Coupons: 17.25
OOP: $4.60 (saved 84%)

May challenge total: 73.98

2 comments:

Robin said...

I'm going to delurk myself. I'm Robin, a Nashvillian, and local professor. I've found your blog so helpful for hints and savings in the Nashville area.

I must admit, I was JUST at Kroger in Donelson, and they did not triple my coupons. What Krogers are doing that?

Also, when I went to Publix in Hermitage yesterday, they said they could not take competitor's store coupons. Have you come across the same thing?

Dr. Mom said...

Hi Robin!

Check out Ms. Cheap's Blog at http://blogs.tennessean.com/cheap/2009/05/01/seven-kroger-stores-have-triple-coupons/. She names the stores that are tripling until the 9th. They are near the Harris Teeter that is tripling.

I generally shop at the Franklin Publix and I have not had any problems with them taking competitors' coupons. They do not take Target Qs since our local Target is not a Super Target. They did say that the Spring Hill Publix will take Target Qs because they do have a Super Target.

I would ask the management at the Hermitage Publix. As far as I know, Publix does take competitor coupons as a general rule, or so it seems with the other online Publix shoppers.

I hope that helps! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...