Friday, June 27, 2008

Tomato Paste & Sweet Pickle Relish

In case you are like me and have recently purchased a few cans of tomato paste and pickle relish for next to nothing using coupons, I found this recipe that uses both. Let me know if you like it!

Sloppy Joes

2 lbs. Ground beef

1 tsp. Salt

1 onion cut fine

2 cans tomato paste

2 cans water

½ green pepper diced

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons vinegar

2 tsp. mustard

4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

½ tsp. Pepper

4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

Brown onion in oil, add ground beef and salt. Cook and add remaining ingredients. Cook until done.

Serve over hamburger buns or bread.

1 comment:

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

This sounds delicious (and a great way to use that cheap relish and tomato paste!). I am going to try this out later this week, and linked to you in my Menu Planning Monday post.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!