It's time for another week of Bargain Meals! Erin over at $5 Dinners (a great read!) is hosting a gathering of bloggers all over the Internet, creating frugal meals straight from the sales circulars of their favorite stores. Check it out for even more inspiration. I contribute every week for the current sales at Publix, which run from Wednesday to the following Tuesday. Keep in mind that you do not need to purchase two of a product to get the buy one get one price. Publix marks down their products to half price for the BOGO deals.
Here's a grown-up dish using a common kid food! A little something for everyone in the family! The nice thing is, most of the ingredients you probably have in your stock pile.
Items on sale that can be used in this meal:
Perdue Chicken Breast Nuggets or Tenders, 12 oz., $4.39 BOGO
-$1 off Perdue Fully Cooked Chicken products printable
Final Price: $1.19
Planter's Peanuts, price unknown
-$1/2 Planters Nuts, Any 5.75 - 21.25 Oz. - 09-26-10 SS
Dole Mandarin Oranges, price unknown
-.50/2 Dole Canned Mandarin Oranges, Any - All You, November 2010
Heinz Vinegar, price unknown
-.50/1 Heinz Vinegar printable
Crispy Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 package PERDUE® Breaded Chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli slaw or cabbage coleslaw mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces) Ramen noodles, crushed, seasoning packets reserved
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Heat chicken according to package directions. Cool slightly then cut into 1/2 inch slices. Combine slaw mix, crushed Ramen noodles and green onions and peanuts, if desired, in a large bowl.
- For dressing, whisk together oils, rice vinegar, sugar and reserved Ramen seasoning mix in a small bowl.
- Gently mix chicken slices and oranges just before serving. Drizzle dressing.