Saturday, July 16, 2011

For the Locals: Franklin's Ghost Tours

I have lived in the area most of my life and in Franklin specifically for the last seven years. I knew there were Ghost Tours but had not been on one until tonight. In the back of my mind I thought that it was probably seldom used by locals and visitors and thought it would be difficult planning a tour in July. That is furthest from the truth. Little did I know the draw of ghosts in one of the oldest small towns in the South. Myself, my husband, three kids and five other family members met up with others at the old courthouse for the tour which we purchased online. It turns out that there were numerous tours going on at the same time with full groups and group leaders dressed in period costumes.

It's not cheap, $18 for adults and $5 for children, but boy, was it worth the price. It was fascinating. Our leader said that Franklin is "teaming" with ghosts and could have gone on for hours. Whether or not you believe in ghosts, the history that you learn on the tour will change the way you look at Franklin forever.

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...