Sunday, January 22, 2012

For the Locals: Last Week to Get a Fantastic Deal at the Franklin Recreation Center

Several years ago I finally ended my love/hate relationship with the YMCA. I adored having access to all the great machines and classes. But I hated the guilt of rarely going and the $100+ monthly family fee that I was obviously wasting. The timing was always wrong for a working mom to take the classes. For some people it is perfect for their needs, just not for me. I thought that was the end of ever seeing the inside of a lovely gym.

Two years ago I discovered that in January the Franklin Recreation Complex has a sale on their visits and memberships. Woohoo! Until the end of this month you can purchase 30 visits for $30. Now that is a deal! I might add that next to the gym there is a public park with a walking/running track. I point this out because if you are a once a week gym visitor and don't think 30 visits would cover you, on pretty days you can spend your gym time on this track without using up one of your visits. It winds around a sports field and beside a river which makes it a beautiful walk.

There are also some great package deals like a family membership for the year for $200 (that would barely cover two months at the Y). I can really see this coming in handy when my kids are older.

If you are not local, I would suggest you check out your local recreation department to see if they have any good deals this month!

Here is the price list for January:

Family (youth & adult) was $225 NOW $200

Single (youth and/or adult) was $150 NOW $125

Family Senior (55 and older) was $160 NOW $135

Single Senior (55 & older) was $100 NOW $75

Yearly passes include 12-months use of the wellness centers, indoor and outdoor pools, gyms, walking tracks, racquetball courts and game rooms at the Franklin, Brentwood, Fairview and Spring Hill locations. Amenities vary by facility. Prices given are for Williamson County residents. Non-resident pricing is also available.

Stop by the Franklin Recreation Complex, 1120 Hillsboro Road. for a tour of the new 4,200 square foot state-of-the-art wellness center. The new center has 78 pieces of equipment, stretching area, 11 flat screen tvs, audio ports on cardio equipment, free weight area and more.

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...