It's time for another week of Bargain Meals! Erin over at $5 Dinners (a great read!) is hosting a gathering of bloggers all over the internet, creating frugal meals straight from the sales circulars of their favorite stores. Check it out for even more inspiration. I contribute every week for the current sales at Publix, which run from Wednesday to the following Tuesday. Keep in mind that you do not need to purchase two of a product to get the buy one get one price. Publix marks down their products to half price for the BOGO deals.
Items on sale that can be used in this meal:
Simply Potatoes, 20 oz. bag, $2.49 BOGO ($1.24)
Sunnyland Bacon, 12 oz, $2 ea (you will use 3 slices)
Kraft Cheese, Chunk or Shredded, 14-16 oz., $3.99
-$1/2 Kraft Cheese printable
Final Price: 3.49 ea (you will use .87 worth)
Sweet Corn, White, Yellow or Bi-color, 25¢ ea
Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray*. In small skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain grease. Chop bacon.
2. In large bowl stir bacon and all remaining ingredients until well blended. Spread mixture into prepared dish. Cover; bake 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
* An 11x7-inch rectangular or 8-inch square baking dish can be used.
Serve with Oven-Roasted Corn on the Cob. Basically, preheat oven to 350F, put corn (in husk) directly on the rack, and roast for 30 minutes or until tender. The husk traps the steam so the corn cooks in its own moisture.