Friday, October 2, 2009

Publix Trip 10/2/09 - Saved 80%

Sorry, no picture today. I ran out of time since I met a friend after work for a cocktail. She made the most amazing thing called "Positively Warm Apple Pie." It was like hot apple cider with a little kick. I will post the recipe later.

Lately, Publix has been like checking out with the coupon police. I am very meticulous with my coupons so there is rarely an issue, but it is getting annoying watching the cashier match up every coupon to the item, one at a time. I hear around the Internet that I am not the only local shopper being subjected to these experiences. Today the cashier refused the $5/50 HG Hill coupon because my total was below $50 after the other coupons. I don't make a fuss because it is their perogative, however, since they get the manufacturer coupon value back from the manufacturer, in my opinion they recieved over $50 per the shopping trip and it should be allowed.

I really still can't complain since the total went well overall. Sale prices are good through Tuesday. Here is what I purchased:

8 Nestle Toll House Cookie Dough, 3.19 BOGO
-(7) $1/1 MF Qs
-$1/1 IP Q
Final Price: .60 ea

2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls, $1
-(2) $1/1 IP Qs
-(2) Publix Qs $1/1 WYB Progresso Soup
Final Price: Free+

2 Grands Biscuits, $1
-$1/2 IP Q
-(2) Publix Qs $1/1 WYB Progresso Soup
Final Price: Free+

2 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, $1
-(2) $1/1 IP Qs
-(2) Publix Qs $1/1 WYB Progresso Soup
Final Price: Free+

3 Publix Bags, .99
-(3) Publix Free Qs WYB GM Product
Final Price: Free

5 Hamburger Helpers, 1.99 BOGO
-$1/2 MF Q
-.75/3 MF Q
Final Price: .64 ea

5 Packages of Hamburger, average 2.10 ea
-(5) $1/1 WYB Hamberger Helper
Final Price: 1.10 ea

7 Kraft Shredded Cheese, 1.67
-(7) $1/1 HG Hill Q
Final Price: .67

2 Kraft Sliced Cheese, 1.67
-(2) $1/1 HG Hill Q
Final Price: .67

2 Smithfield Bacon, 3.99 BOGO
-(2) 3/1 IP Q
Final Price: Free

6 Progresso Soups, 1.25
-(2) 1.10/1 IP Qs
Final Price: .88 ea

Publix Corn Flakes, 2.69
-HG Hill Free Item Q
Final Price: Free

Publix TP, 4 pk
-HG Hill Free Item Q
Final Price: Free

Total before sales/coupons: 115.78
Sales: 44.20
Coupons: 48.19
OOP: 23.39 (saving 80%)

7 comments:

Crystal The Coupon Momma said...

Where did you get the HG Hill cheese coupons from

Dr. Mom said...

It is in their circular and in the Wednesday advertisement. Crystal, check your mail!

Crystal The Coupon Momma said...

Thank you so much :). I never go to H.G. Hills any more. I guess i need to start getting the paper on Wednesdays. I did go there yesterday to see if i could get a paper from them and they did have one.

Milk Donor Mama said...

I think a lot of stores (Meijer and Kroger in my area, and some CVS cashiers) are becoming self- appointed Coupon Police. It is so annoying, even when you have the right items! It can take forever to check out when they do this.

The Whitakers said...

Will Publix take more than one Publix coupon per item? Example: One the Progresso Soup and Crescent Rolls.. Were you able to use the $1.00 off on the items all in one transaction or did you have to do more than one transaction?

Dr. Mom said...

This was all done in one transaction. The Publix crescent roll coupon applies to the crescent rolls only. The purchase of the Progresso is a requirement of the coupon in order to be applied. The other coupons used for both the crescent rolls and Progresso are Internet Printable (IP) manufacturer coupons. You can stack a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon for a single product.

Here is a great article about stacking: http://www.winonadailynews.com/news/connections/article_dd7fcddd-e744-591c-8797-29915cb2697b.html

Kathleen said...

Wow, I didn't think to use 2 Publix $1 off grands biscuits wyb Progresso soup! But I will now!!

speaking of coupon police, I checked out with a friend of my daughter this weekend, and he gave me a harder time than any other cashier at this particular Publix. Then, later, he texted my daughter and told her that HE doesn't like ME anymore!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...