Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Walmart is Raising Prices

I recently visited our local Walmart. Generally, I stay away from Walmart because it is usually a miserable experience going in there and check out is always a nightmare. I noticed that the prices were much higher than I remembered. As a matter of fact, I know many of the products that I saw were cheaper at Publix and Kroger. I thought I had lost touch with the current prices some how.

I was not imagining this change. According to a recent JP Morgan study, Walmart has raised their prices by about 6% in the last month while Kroger has cut their prices by 1.3%. One more reason to stay away from Walmart...

2 comments:

Tara said...

I agree! I did go for some extremly cheap school supplies. But I have no plans to return for anything else anytime soon!

kathie said...

Really??? Thanks !