Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fantastic Low Carb Recipe: Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I saw this in a Publix magazine, tore it out and had it in my purse forever. I finally made this recently, and it was great! My ten year old son begged for more and made me promise to make it again. The best part is that it is so healthy and super easy to make. I had never used lettuce as a wrap but loved it. I also like that it uses basic low-carb ingredients in a new and unusual way. Next time I will double the recipe.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Ingredients:


2 cups package coleslaw mix
1 sliced medium red pepper
2 chopped green onions
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro

2 6-oz packages of refrigerated cooked chicken breast strips
2 tablespoons bottled teriyaki sauce

8 Bibb lettuce leaves

Directions:

Combine first four ingredients in a food processor and process with several on/off pulses until finely chopped.

Transfer slaw mixture, two packages of chicken strips and two tablespoons of teriyaki sauce to large skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.

Spoon slaw mixture and chicken onto 8 Bibb lettuce leaves; roll up.

Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...