Saturday, September 1, 2012

Link Love: How to Freeze a Year's Supply of Herbs

This was the first year that I have had a garden. Some things worked out and some not so much. I am still learning. One of the plants that worked out really great was mint. Apparently it grows like a weed and will actually take over your garden bed of allowed. One of the best parts of mint is that is will return year after year with out replanting. I have to admit that I planted it so that I could make my own Mojitos but have found many other recipes to use it in! Now that it is turning fall, I wanted to store some of the herbs that I successfully grew in my garden. Kevin Jacobs at A Garden for the House has a fantastic post about how he stores his herbs. I just love the cigar idea. Check it out!

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...