Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Amazing Chocolate Zucchini Quick Bread Recipe!

I am always looking for a great recipe that I can put in healthy ingredients. This recipe ranks up there with Pioneer Woman's Prune Cake. And if you have never tried that, you are missing out. Anyway, I had planned to enter the State Fair's competition for vegetable quick bread and was looking for a good zucchini recipe. So I found this one at allrecipes.com which had a near perfect rating from over 400 users. It is amazing. My picky kids kept going back for more, even after I told them that there was zucchini in it. I made it on Friday for the first time to submit to the State Fair. Guess what? I won third place. Very cool. I just wish I had the recipes for the first and second place quick breads!

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Ingredients:

2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate (OR 6 tsp of cocoa & 2 tbsp of butter)
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla and chocolate; beat well. Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.

Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.

I sprinkled some sugar and chocolate chips on the top before baking.

1 comment:

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Congratulations on the win! That's super fun, and I think it was well-deserved because that bread looks deeelicious... I'll definitely have to try it some time!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...