Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our first crop...

Ten years ago my husband and I were attempting to restore a hundred year old house in East Nashville when it was hit by a tornado. As our house was no longer livable, we moved into a really ugly little ranch a few blocks away while we dealt with insurance (which took two years). Anyway, behind this house was an apple tree and a peach tree that had been there for years. It was a jewel in disguise and so wonderful to have fresh fruit during the summer. We moved away, but I never forgot how nice it was to have those trees. So three years ago, in my desire to save some money and in memory of those summers of great fruit, I planted fruit and nut trees and berry bushes in our back yard. Since I had just had our third child (thus, three still in diapers) I wanted something to plant that I would not have to spend a lot of time on (unlike a garden). This is the first year that any of our trees produced anything. Here are the first two peaches!


No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...