Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blue Ribbon and Best of Show for Bread Making!

I won, I won!!!

A couple of years ago I would not have ever thought about entering into the Tennessee State Fair. I was visiting with a friend and her mom came by. While there she tried some of my bread and she said, "You should enter it into the fair!" Did these things actually still occur, I wondered? I checked into it last year and found out that I could enter, but I did not have time to figure it all out. I thought about it again a few weeks ago and went online to check it out. It was two days until the deadline so I entered online for two baked products for myself and one for my son (8). So after work, soccer practice and two parent teacher meetings yesterday, we came home and madly cooked. I made Pumpkin Bread, Bohemian Bread, and my son made Black Bottom Cup Cakes.

I delivered everything at 7ish this morning and stopped by after work to find out what happened. The pumpkin bread and the cupcakes did not place, but my bread won a blue ribbon and "Best of Show," Totally COOL! I can't tell you how long it has been since I won anything. I forgot how much fun it is! We are so going to do this again next year.

When I went to check on it after work, I did not expect to win so I only had my cell phone to take pictures. Here are the pics that I got:



11 comments:

Coupon Teacher said...

Congratulations! Sounds like fun to me!

Nashville Cheapster said...

Congrats! The braided bread looks great. Makes me want to give it a try. (Making it at home, not entering the contest.)

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

HURRAH!!! I'm so excited for you.. that is AWESOME!! You totally deserved it too, that bread looks YUM! Congratulations...!

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

That's Awesome!! Congratulations!!

It's Algood said...

Wow! Fantastic. BEST OF SHOW! That is quite the accomplishment.

Michelle said...

Congrats!!!

Mama Brown said...

That is AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!!

Mama Brown said...

Congratulations...what a beautiful loaf!!!

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Congrats to you! I always love to read your blog, and I think it is great you decided to enter.

Sherryl said...

Wow! Sorry I didn't read this until now! That is fantastic! Really something to be proud of. Congratulations. I don't know how you do all the things you do! Thanks for sharing. The bread is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Yay! Congratulations! This is great! I want to taste this bread sometime! :)

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...