Apple Glazed Pork Loaf
at Better Homes and Gardens
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 small apples
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 ciabatta sandwich rolls, split and toasted
1. For glaze, microcook jelly on HIGH about 20 seconds. Stir in mustard. Set aside. Core and chop one apple.
2. Combine eggs, pork, half of chopped apple, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Form into 4 loaves, 6x2 inches; place on greased 15x10x1-inch pan. Spoon some jelly glaze over loaves. Bake 10 minutes in preheated 425 degree F oven. Thinly slice remaining apple. Top loaves with apple slices; drizzle with more jelly glaze. Bake 5 minutes more or until internal temperature is 160 degree F.
3. In bowl microcook chopped sweet potato on HIGH 4 minutes until nearly tender. In skillet cook potato and remaining chopped apple in oil on medium-high. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook 3 minutes until tender. Serve pork loaves on ciabatta with sweet potatoes. Makes 4 servings.