Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Still Love You CVS!

It has been forever since I visited CVS. For a while, I was going at least every week to flip my ECBs (CVS money that prints at the end of your receipt and does expire if not used). If you have never used the CVS system, you are truly missing out. Basically you keep buying the products that produce ECBs with the previous ECBs earned, using very little of your own money. I was an avid shopper for about one year. At the end of the year, I had so many free products that I was giving half of them away and my cabinets were still full. So I stopped going.

Well, I am starting to run out of that very expensive free face cream and I have discovered that we use up a lot more shampoo then conditioner (meaning I now have a cabinet full of conditioner). I also want to start giving more products to charities. So I made a trip today at lunch. I started with no ECBs. I stopped by CVS yesterday afternoon to scan my card on their machine and got a few CVS coupons and a $5/$40 purchase coupon.


Here is what I bought:

Bayer Aspirin, $1
-$1/1 MF Q
Final Price: Free

3 Carefree, $1
-(3) $1/1 MF Qs
Final Price: Free

CVS Alcohol, $1
CVS Hydrogen Peroxide, $1
-$1/2 CVS First-aid products
Final Price: .50 ea

2 Right Guard Total Defense. 2.49 ea
-$3/2 IP Q
Final Price: .99 ea
Earned $4 ECBs

2 Crest Prohealth Toothpaste 4.2 oz $3.50
-(2) $1/1 MF Qs
Final Price: 2.50 ea
Earned $7 ECBs

Bayer Breeze 2, 19.99 (will donate)
-$10/1 MF Q
Final Price: 9.99
Earned $15 ECBs

Kotex U, 4.99
-$1/1 IP Q
Final Price: 3.99
Earned $4.99 ECBs

2 Coastal Rain Shampoo (CVS brand), .99
-(2) $1/1 CVS Brand Shampoo (scanned card again today before shopping and got 2nd)
Final Price: Free

-$5/$40 CVS coupon

Total before sales/coupons: 56.71
Sales/Coupons: 36.35
OOP: 20.36
ECBs Earned: $30.99 (profit of $10.36)

1 comment:

Crystal The Coupon Momma said...

That is good :). I wish we had a good CVS but we don't.

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...