I found this cookie recipe in 2007 and have been making them ever since. I would love to give credit to the original cook but I can no longer find her online. Every time I make them my husband and kids swear that they are the best ever. I have never made them the same twice. This recipe allows for multiple variations, basically whatever you have in your cabinet. I have used different kinds of sugars, different types of flour, thrown in a mashed banana, and used whatever chips or leftover candy that I had, and it still turns out great! Make sure you coat the outside of the dough ball with sugar as the recipe instructs. I think that is key to making this cookie fantastic.
Cleaning Out My Pantry Cookies
Great for rainy days with the kids when you don't feel like going to the store!
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
1. Cream the butter and sugars(brown and powdered) together, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time. Scrape down the bowl using a spatula.
2. Add vanilla and mix for one more minute.
3. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
4. Add the various chips and dried cherries and mix until incorporated.
5. Roll cookies into a ball and roll in granulate sugar.
6. Bake at 375F for 9-10 minutes.
Kroger Ad 10-26 ? 11-1
1 hour ago