Cranberry Eggnog Muffins
1 cup chopped cranberries
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup eggnog
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans or toasted almond
1/8 cup butter
- Mix cranberries and 2 tbsp sugar together, set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then in separate bowl mix eggnog, butter, eggs, and extract together and add to flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Fold in cranberries and drop into greased muffin cups.
- Streusel: Mix dry ingredients together and then cut in the butter till well incorporated, then mix in nuts.
- Sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400°F.
- Bake approx 15-20 minutes, just till tops are set. Do not over bake or the muffins will dry out.