Monday: Tuna Melt Pinwheels & Corn
Tuesday: Spaghetti with Sausage
Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
Thursday: Mexican Pizza
Friday: Crockpot Pork Chops with Applesauce (recipe below)
Saturday: Caribbean Chicken Stew
Sunday: Tuna Puttanesca (recipe below)
* 1 pound penne pasta
* 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
* Two cans tuna packed in olive oil, lightly drained (6 ounces each)
* 4 garlic cloves, chopped
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 3 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
* A handful of kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
* One can diced Italian tomatoes (28 ounces)
* Flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (a generous handful)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
While the pasta is working, heat a deep skillet over medium heat with the EVOO, one turn of the pan. Add the tuna, flaking it with a wooden spoon. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the capers and olives and heat until warmed through, 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and parsley, lower the heat a little and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add a ladle of the pasta cooking liquid to the sauce. Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce and toss.
Pork Chops and Applesauce
2 pkgs. of pork chops
1 bag (or 2 cans) of sauerkraut.
1 jar of applesauce
Spread a few spoonfuls of applesauce in bottom of crockpot.
Put a layer of sauerkraut next.
Add 1 layer of pork chops and repeat: applesauce, sauerkraut, pork chops until all pork chops are used and spoon some applesauce & sauerkraut on top of last layer of pork chops.
Cover and cook on low 6-8 hrs. The pork chops are very tender and the smell is wonderful. Enjoy!