Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 2/8/10


Monday: Spicy Turkey Chili & Pumpkin Bread
Tuesday: Mexican Spaghetti
Wednesday: Cabbage and Potato Hash (didn't get to last week)
Thursday: Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (recipe below) & Rice, Pumpkin Spice Cake
Friday: Boston Baked Beans
Saturday: Blueberry Chicken Salad (one of my favorites)
Sunday: Ho-Bos

Pineapple Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves; split
dash of pepper
Paprika (to taste)
1 - 20 oz can pineapple tidbits in juice
2 Tbs dijon mustard
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 clove minced garlic

Arrange chicken in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika.

In small bowl, combine drained pineapple, mustard and soy sauce. Pour over chicken. Add minced garlic. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-9 hrs or on HIGH for 3-4 hrs.


Pumpkin Spice Cake

Ingredients:

1 Spice Cake Mix (Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines)
1 can of pumpkin puree

Directions:

Mix these two ingredients together - the batter is very thick. Pour into Bundt pan.

Then bake according to size/time on box. It makes a very moist cake and you can't taste the pumpkin.

2 comments:

juliannabelle said...

Oh, my goodness- I wish I could be that organized! I have tried to plan weekly menus in the past, to no avail, as whenever I ask my husband what he might like he'll always tell me that he has no idea what he'll want to eat in 3 days time...
I poked around your fb profile site to find your blog. ;-)
Cheers, Julie Anne

Dr. Mom said...

Hi Julie Anne!
Welcome! I don't even ask my husband anymore. Basically, he tells me if he doesn't like something and I just remove it from the collection of recipes. It really does save time and money...as long as you stick to it! I rarely make the meals in the order listed - I'll pull from my weekly list for what usually feels right for the day.

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...