Friday, January 2, 2009

Ho-Bo's

Do you have hamburger patties in your freezer? Do you forget to buy the buns so you can use the hamburger patties? Great, I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL. Here is a cool recipe (and fun for kids) from Cooks.com that you can use from mostly stockpile ingredients.

Ho-Bo's

4 hamburger patties
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 can mushroom soup or cream of celery soup
1 sliced onion
1 potato (partially precooked)

Place each hamburger on a square of aluminum foil. On each hamburger place a slice of potato, a slice of onion, 3 tablespoons of frozen vegetables and 3 tablespoons of soup. Bring ends of aluminum foil together and twist in ho-bo style. Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes. Place Ho-Bo's on cookie sheet when baking.

4 comments:

~allison~ said...

This sounds a lot like my husband's "Silver Turtle" recipe from Boy Scouts. They wrapped up hamburger meat and veggies in foil, sealed into a pouch, and then placed on the hot campfire coals for about 45 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I am going to buy hamburger patties just so I can make it because of the name... My husband spent some time hitchhiking around the us so we will appreciate that I made him a meal connected to his past! feel free to check out my recipe contest.
Magen
http://garagebandfan.wordpress.com/2009/07/15/recipe-contest/

Lisa said...

My kids would love this one. We'll have to try it sometime.

Anonymous said...

I am going to try these this weekend!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...