Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stocking up on Meat at Publix

This week I got a $5/$30 purchase at Publix coupon in the mail. Since fresh meat rarely has any coupons, I decided to use it toward the current sales at Publix. These prices are good through Tuesday if you wish to take advantage of them.

Here is what I purchased:



Nabisco Saltines, 2.79

Publix Egg Noodles, 1.49

4 Heath Bits O Brick, regularly 2.49, on sale 2.09

Hershey Cocoa, 3.19
-MF Q Buy 4 Heath Get Hershey Cocoa Free
Final Price: Free

Purity Buttermilk, 2.39
- MF Q .35/1, doubled
Final Price: 1.69

Parsley, .79

Publix Flour, regularly 2.49, on sale, 1.99

2 Publix Cream Corn, .79 each

Campbell Mushroom Gravy, 1.19

6 (total 30 lbs) Large Packages of Chicken Leg Quarters, regularly 1.19 per lb, on sale .59 per lb
Final Cost: Averaging $2.97 per package

16 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks, 2.79, BOGO
8 MF Qs .50/2, doubled
Final Price: .90 each

5 Packages Ground Chuck, on sale 2.69 per lb
Final Price: Averaging 3.33 per package

-Publix Q $5/$30

Total before sales/coupons: 129.57
Sales: 40.08
Coupons: 16.89
OOP: $72.60 (saving 44%, not the best percentage but considering that I was stocking up on meat, still pretty good)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You did so well! Our Publix ground chuck is only on sale for $2.99 here and you are so lucky you get double coupons!

Kim said...

Could you share where you're located? I'm a loyal Publix shopper and haven't received anything in MONTHS. Also, we never have such good prices on meat here.

Dr. Mom said...

Hi Kim,

I am located in the Nashville, Tennessee area.

I went to the Publix website and signed up for everything I could in order to get their mailings and coupons.

If you have babies/young children, sign up for their baby/children's club. They send great coupons.

Amber said...

I wish we had a Publix!!! I got to shop at one once while we were on vacation this summer in Destin Florida. Instead I have to do all my meat shopping at Kroger.

Amber

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...