Monday, January 12, 2009

Lunchtime Trip to Walgreens 1/12/09

I felt like getting out of the office today so I went to Walgreen's for lunch. They did not have the Revlon Matte Collection so I could not get the make-up that corresponds with the rebate so I will have to try again. However, it appears that this week is BOGO for all Revlon make-up. I found a great deal on lipstick that was marked down to $2.19 each. I also had a number of $2/1 Revlon coupons that are expiring on the 14th.

Here is what I bought:

6 Revlon Shiny Sheers Lipstick, on sale $2.19, BOGO
-5 MF Qs $2/1
Final Price: -.57 each overage

4 Oust Air Sanitizers, 3.79, BOGO
-2 MF Qs BOGO
Final Price: Free

4 Aquafresh Toothpaste, on sale 2.99
-WAGS Easysaver Q $2/1
-4 IP Qs $1/1
Final Price: -.01 each overage

4 Campbell's Select Harvest Soup, 3.19
-In Ad Q 4 for $5
-2 MF Qs .50/2
Final Price: $1 each

AutoExpressions Vent Fresh Elite Auto Air Freshener, 4.99
(Can request WAGS rebate of 4.99 and MF Rebate of 4.99)

Subtotal: $5.52

Total Before Sales/Coupons: $98.32
Advertised Savings: $52.95
Coupons: $36.58

OOP: $8.79 (saving 91%)
Rebates expected: $9.98

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I tried to do the BOGO of Oust at my local Walgreens (in Franklin), but the manager would not let me use the coupon! I was so frustrated - wondering what action I can take?!

Dr. Mom said...

Try the Walgreens on the corner of Moores Lane and Franklin Road in north Cool Springs. It's on the Mall side (if you were to drive past the mall on your left). It's the new one near the Sonic. I did not have any problems there this evening using that coupon. I also checked out at the make-up counter. As soon as they go to ring up that coupon, immediately tell them it's 3.79 (less likely they will give you a hard time if they do not have to take the time to look it up).

Colleen said...

Thank you for the information!

Brenda said...

You rock! I stopped in Walgreens myseld today & picked up my free Equal! I'll have to go back & look for the Revlon - a girl can never have too much lipstick!

BOSSY said...

You're not monkeying around over here!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...