Friday, January 16, 2009

Frugal Dinner: Sausage Corn Muffins

I tried something new last night. I have a bunch of free corn muffin mixes from this deal, and a lot of sausage in the freezer. So I searched online and put a few recipes together to accommodate what I had in the fridge. I think it was a success because my husband could not stop eating them! He thought they were great.

Here is the recipe:

Sausage Corn Muffins

2 boxes corn muffin mix
1 cup buttermilk (you could probably use regular as well)
2 teaspoons butter
1/4 cup half & half
1/2 large onion chopped
1 package of little smokies sausage chopped
shredded cheese

Mix first five ingredients together, then add the chopped sausage and mix. Using a 12 cup muffin pan, spray with oil and fill each cup until full. Add shredded cheese on top. Cook in a preheated oven at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You are always so good about finding/creating recipes using food you have gotten free or cheap - very inspiring!

This recipe sounds great for breakfast & brunch too!