Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do you have problems printing coupons?

Just FYI, I usually use Firefox. Sometimes when I am sent to a link to print a coupon, I get the dreaded "please wait" which basically stalls the process. I usually just open up Internet Explorer and copy the link to the IE and am able to print with no problem. I found an answer to what is happening that may help my readers with the same problem. This is from Hodges on Hot Coupon World:
Here is the answer to most printer errors...especially the dreaded "please wait".

Look here in the address bar:
(example)

h??p://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=rk2rfdv15818788&bt=wi&o
If you see the "wi" as I have in red...it prints out to IE.

h??p://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=rk2rfdv15818788&bt=wg&o
If you see the "wg" as I have in red ...it prints to FireFox.

So, if you are using Firefox...no need to switch browsers. Just go up in the address and change the " i " to a " g " and press go. The page will reload and print.

Hope this helps you!

1 comment:

Rainy Day Finances said...

Thanks so much for this - I have that Please Wait all the time - drives me nuts.