Friday, January 9, 2009

I Love Walgreens!

I made a quick trip to Walgreens after work to do this deal in order to get money for newspapers on Sunday. Then I realized that I still had a ton of Garnier Fructis coupons and they have quite a few products that are FREE when you use the manufacturer coupon and the Walgreens coupon from the Easysaver booklet at the front of the store (stacking them). That is truly a sweet deal right now so if you have any $1/1 Garnier Fructis coupons in your stash, rush out tomorrow and get your free products as tomorrow is the last day to use them in this sale. Keep in mind you only need one coupon from the Easysaver booklet because the discount will apply to all your purchases of that product (so don't waste your time cutting out multiple copies of Walgreen's coupons). We will not need hairspray for years!

Here is what I bought at Walgreens:

This was done in two transactions. I wasn't 100% confident that it would work so I started with a smallish purchase to try it out. It went fine so I made a bigger purchase next. Here is the combined totals:

24 Garnier Fructis Products (Hairspray, Shampoo, Conditioner), on sale $2.99
-$2.00 EasySaver coupon
-24 $1.00/1 from 10/5RP, 11/9RP or 1/4RP
Final Price: FREE

2 St. Ives Scrubs, on sale $3.00
-2 IP Qs $2/1
Final Price: $1.00 each

1 St. Ives Moisterizer, on sale $4.00
-1 IP Q $2/1
Final Price: $2.00

1 Electrasol 20 Tabs, on sale 3.49
-1 MF Q $2.50/1
Final Price: .99

Total Before Sales/Coupons: $120.64
Coupons: $79.50
Sales: 27.51
OOP: $13.63 (mostly tax, TN has high sales tax)

Earned: $5 in Register Rewards and will request rebate of $1.50 for Electrasol. Thus, true OOP was $7.13, a savings of 94%.

1 comment:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Okay, call me a procrastinater, but I just went to my Walgreens tonight. (I know, I know...)

They were out of ALL of the good deals! I was so mad. I have too many bargain hunters in my neck of the woods, I guess and apparently Walgreens doesn't see the need to stay stocked! The manager just shrugged at me. :(

Maybe I should start shopping there on Sundays like everyone else!!!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...