Wednesday, January 21, 2009

WFMW: The Flea Pill!

We love pets. So when family comes to visit, as they did at Christmas, they will occasionally bring their small pets as well. We had three pet visitors over Christmas. Unfortunately our canine visitors brought guests of their own. I don't know who did it, but we got fleas. I HATE FLEAS. They don't bite me and really, I never actually saw a flea (didn't actually look that closely) on my pets, but I knew they were there. My cat gets a wild look in her eyes and starts to remove all of her own fur (she's allergic), and my dogs stop sleeping through the night, waking me up to let them out at 3:30 am every night. We had fleas.

A few years ago when we first moved to our house and before we put up a fence in the back yard, we had a rabbit problem. These rabbits had fleas and they gave our pets fleas. I took them to the vet and they gave them this magic pill called Capstar that killed all of the fleas in ten minutes. I literally watched them fall off. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I grew up with a mom who would always put Advantage on our pets and on the neighbor's pets when they visited to prevent our neighborhood from having flea problems. It stank and it never worked 100%. This does. And it costs less, around $5 per pill at my vet. I told my mom about it and she went to her vet for her new cat and her vet did not know what it was. She made him find out and sell it to her.

So I sent my husband off to the vet for the magic pills which I gave to my pets on Sunday. Sunday night was the first night that I got to sleep through the entire night since the new year, and I have since then. Capstar totally works for me!

To see what works for hundreds of other bloggers, check out Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer.

2 comments:

Okie Rednecks said...

We love capstar. We had friends bring their dogs over and she talked about him having fleas so the first thing I did before he could come in was give him capstar and then we talked about what they should do. We have been through all the issues and they have an infestation at their house so we are working on it!!!

Sarah said...

I am writing this down just in case. Our dogs had fleas once and it was horrible getting rid of them!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...