Have I mentioned how much I dislike this season? No? Well I do not care too much for Christmas. I love the reason, don't get me wrong, but the stress, the buying, the constant toy commercials, the shortened days, and currently the unrelenting rain has really put a damper on it.
On a good note, a few of these and I will feel much better! I highly recommend them. My coworker makes these for our holiday office gathering (off site, of course). You can keep the batter in your freezer for up to three months.
Hot Buttered Rum Batter
* 1 pound butter (4 sticks)
* 1 pound brown sugar (2 1/4 cups)
* 1 pound confectioners' sugar (2 cups)
* 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened (4 cups)
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Blend in brown sugar and confectioners' sugar. Remove from heat, and whisk in the ice cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic container, seal, and freeze.
2. In a coffee mug, measure 1 tablespoon Hot Buttered Rum Batter and 1 fluid ounce of rum, then fill cup with boiling water. Stir, and sprinkle top of drink with nutmeg.
And since we are on the topic of Hot Buttered Rum, here is a recipe for a Hot Buttered Rum Loaf of Bread.
$5 for a $10 Target Mobile GiftCard
7 minutes ago