Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kroger Trip 12/9/2008

It's just about time to do some holiday baking. So along with me need for pet food, I decided to take advantage of a few of the deals at Kroger to stock up on a few baking supplies. This all happened in a whirlwind of shopping between work and my first child pickup (about 15 minutes in the store). As I was passing the meat section I noticed a blinkie for Jimmy Dean Sausage $1/1. So as I was standing there waiting for them to spit out the coupon, I saw that Jimmy Dean Sausage was on sale 2 for $6 AND they had a coupon attached to the package for a free package of Jimmy Dean Sausage links with the purchase of that package of sausage. So I quickly took advantage of the sale and the combination of the two coupons!

The sale goes through Saturday so you can still take advantage of the savings. Just as a reminder, I get one paper delivered on Sunday and then I go and buy five more. Occasionally, I get an extra insert with our Wednesday paper. If you wish to do the same deals, you may want to purchase/acquire six Sunday papers. Here is what I bought:


8 Jimmy Dean Various Sausage Tubes, regularly 4.09, on sale 3.00
-8 Blinkie $1/1
Final Price: $2.00 each

8 Jimmy Dean Sausage Links, regularly 4.09, on sale 3.00
-8 Peelie Buy One Sausage Tube Get Sausage Links Free
Final Price: Free

6 Daisy Sour Creams, regularly 1.35, on sale 1.00
-6 MF Qs .50/1, doubled
Final Price: Free

2 Parkay Spreads, regularly 1.65, on sale 1.00
-1 MF Q .75/1
Final Price: .63 each

12 Parkay Quarters (4 sticks), regularly 1.55, on sale 1.00
-6 MF Q .75/1
Final Price: .63 each

5 Red Apples, on sale 1.00 per lb (three not pictured, kids...)
Final Price: 3.62

Eggland's Best Eggs, 2.49
-1 MF Q .35/1, doubled
Final Price: 1.79

Whiskas Cat Food, regularly 5.99, on sale 4.99

Stew Pork, 2.81

4 Generic Dog Food Cans, .45 each (there are just no good dog food coupons out lately!)

Total before Sales/Coupons: 117.34
Sales: 28.32
Coupons: 47.25
Tax: 6.31
OOP: 41.77 (saving 68%)

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...