Friday, September 19, 2008

Chocolate Chip Crispy Cookies

If you are like me and have a stash of free or nearly free cereal through couponing or CVS, here is a great recipe for you! I actually got this recipe long before I started my adventure in aggressive money saving. I was a technology teacher and the home economics teacher was always having bake-offs with her students. Her classroom was across from mine. As teachers, we got to sample the finished products and vote on the winners. This was one of them that I liked so much that I got the recipe. It just so happens that one of the main ingredients is Rice Krispies.

Chocolate Chip Crispy Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1 In small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2 In large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in Rice Krispies cereal and chocolate chips .
3 Drop by level tablespoons onto cookie sheets coated with vegetable spray.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks. Allow to cool before eating for crispness. Store in airtight container

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Those sound so yummy! I might just have to whip up a batch or two!

Marcy said...

Thanks for this! I have 3 boxes of Rice Krispies that I need to find a use for. Not to mention TONS of chocolate chips from the Nestle deal at Kroger awhile back...

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...