Monday, September 1, 2008

In Honor of Labor Day...

Rocks In My Dryer is hosting a fun meme today. In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. To play along, leave your Mr. Linky at her post here. Hey, I'm not going to pass up the chance for some sympathy!


How long were your labors?

Kid #1, 10 hours

Kid #2, 12 hours

Kid #3, 33 minutes

How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1, woke up in the middle of the night, got up and my water broke. It was snowing. Stopped on the way for juice.

Kid #2, knew I was in labor all afternoon, took my time to get to the hospital, very casual.

Kid #3, was watching TV at 38 weeks along, got up to go to bed, water broke, and I was instantly in deep labor with contractions one minute apart (totally out of no where). Packed #1 and #2 in the car, medical personnel met us at the door and I delivered my daughter while my husband was parking the car.

Where did you deliver?

At a hospital. Where the drugs are.

Drugs?

For the first two. The third was all natural, not by choice though I would probably prefer that if there was a next time.

C-section?

No.

Who delivered?

#1: My doctor.

#2: My doctor.

#3: Three nurses, pretty much caught! Crazy.

2 comments:

Mercedes said...

33 minutes is really fast!! At least you were not off meds for too long!

Anonymous said...

My mother had a labor like your #3, except she didn't make it to the hospital. Or even to the car. My brother was born extremely unexpectedly in the bathroom. :-)

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...