Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Know You Are Obsessed When...

You know you are obsessed with blogging when you dream about it!

When I was younger in undergrad, I was the kind of student who around finals would always have one of those dreams where you discover that you had registered for a class at the beginning of the semester and had forgotten about it, had not attended a single class, could not drop it now, and the only chance at passing the class was to ace the final. I would wake up heart pounding racking my brain to remember registration day! Later when I was working as a payroll executive for a national payroll company and was responsible for paying our biggest customer (over 30,000 people), I would spend all day making calculations. After getting home late, I would fall into bed exhausted and then my day would continue. I would dream about those calculations all night. I would wake up exhausted and feeling jipped because I didn't get a break!

Last night, I dreamed that I was sitting at my desk at work, and a courier showed up for my signature. Apparently some major corporation needed my release to publish something that I wrote. It took me a few minutes to switch from work thought to blog thought and realize that the courier was talking about a funny post that I had done months ago which mentioned one of their products and they wanted to use it as an example in a Quarterly report that would go out to many, many locations in their big company. Even the courier laughed at what I had said. I was instantly flattered that I had provided something important to a company and that someone there actually read what I wrote! Of course, I signed. This funny dream unfortunately ended at this point as my son had an accident and came and woke me up so I could change his clothes. It was pleasant while it lasted...

So what do you dream about?

3 comments:

JusFrugal said...

I'm obsessing about cooking my first Thanksgiving dinner and turkey TOMORROW for a meal with my Dad's side of the family. I think the turkey will come out okay but stuffing and gravy are also a new one for me! Yipes!

Dr. Mom said...

Good luck! As you can tell with the many recipes recently, I am hosting Thanksgiving, and figuring out what to cook has been an obsession of mine as well! If you find a great recipe for stuffing, forward it my way. I don't have a good one and usually end up throwing a bunch of sauteed vegetables and diced sausage into a prepackaged version of stuffing. Martha Stewart, I'm not!

JusFrugal said...

I haven't come across one either and my plan was pretty much to do just that. I did find a nice pumpkin soup recipe that I am going to do though.

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...