Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Frugal Dr. Mom!!

A year ago today I started this blog. Honestly, I never thought that I would be the type of person to have a blog or even have something to say nearly every day. My goal was to learn how to better manage my finances and to pay off debt. I can happily say that posting about how to spend your money and being able to follow all the great bloggers out there, has really paid off. Our income has not change from the prior year. As a matter of fact, my husband and I both drive 30-45 minutes each way to our respective jobs, so the recent gas hikes have hit us hard. And of course, everything seems to be more expensive. However, the one thing that did change a year ago was my decision to strategically coupon - basically shop the sales with coupons and stockpile when things are cheap. In that time, we have filled out pantry to overflowing, been able to donate, and paid off $10k in debt (prior to that our debt was growing not shrinking). I have learned valuable skills that have even benefitted my extended family as I relay how to do this.

I do look forward to the next year as I gain even more financial knowledge and share the tips I learn with you. Today I have over 400 visits on average each day to my page, and a total of 125,000 visits since I started keeping count in September. I am very thankful to have you visit and being able to share a bit of my life with you. I hope that the information I provide is helping you in some way!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Anniversary!! Keep up the great work!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!

Colleen said...

Happy Anniversary and thank you for all that you do!

Becky said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you're here!

Meredith said...

I'm so happy for you!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...