Monday, June 15, 2009

Stocking Up on Kid Food at Publix!

This weekend I threw a birthday party for my now six-year-old. It was an art party where the kids all got to play with clay, which my mom will cook in her kiln, and I will return the finished artwork to the kids. We had a great time!

I like to make simple food for the kids and have become an expert at pigs in the blanket. They are perfect for children's birthday parties as there is no assembly required when serving. I usually make the dough in my bread maker, but since Pillsbury Crescent Rolls were on sale at Publix and I had coupons, it was cheaper (and so much easier) to just buy it. I have been hesitating lately to buy hot dogs because I have been waiting for a great sale. Last year when hot dogs went on sale around this time I stocked up and put a ton of them in my freezer. They have been gone for quite a while now so I am ready to stock up again. I even purchased some coupons on ebay in wait for the sale! So off to Publix I went just to get a few packages to tide me over for the party. Much to my surprise and excitement, Oscar Myer hot dogs were on sale (though not in the circular) two for $2.99, which is why I spent more than I had planned.

Here is what I purchased. Sorry, no picture - way to busy fending off six-year-olds! The sale prices are good through tomorrow.

6 Pillsbury Pizza Crust, 1.67
-(6) .40/1 MF Qs
Final Price: .87 each

12 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, 1.67
-(6) .40/2 MF Qs
Final Price: 1.27 each

30 Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs, 1.50
-(15) $1/2 MF Qs
Final Price: $1.00 each (this is my max target price for hot dogs)

7 Digiorno Flatbread for One, on sale 2.50
-(2) $1.25/1 IP Qs
-(4) $1.50/1 IP Qs
-(1) .75/1 MF Q
Final Price: 1.18 each

Total before sales/coupons: 153.30
Sales: 54.06
Coupons: 33.85
OOP: $65.39 (saving 57%)

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...