Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Mini Loaves of Amish Bread


Today I baked some Amish Bread in these really cute mini loaf pans, made by Romertopf, which I bought on Shopgoodwill.com for $6.67 (appears to have never been used). It was a great deal (I highly recommend shopping there). This recipe is one of my favorite bread recipes. Not only does it make great tasting bread, but it uses common ingredients that you usually have on hand. While these are not the prettiest loaves I have ever made with this recipe, they turned out to taste excellent. I think the size of these pans will be great for making smaller loaves to freeze. You can see what they look like here and get a better idea of size. I have read other bloggers who like to make bread and freeze half as they do not eat it fast enough. This size pan may be perfect for them.

4 comments:

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Love the mini loaf pans! I love any pan that comes in "mini" they are just too cute.

Speaking of Amish bread, I have some waiting to stick in the oven as I type! Its my first time making it, so I'm hoping it turns out!

Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom said...

Ooooh yum! And I'll definitely be checking out the goodwill site... sounds right up my ally lol

(Actually, on second thought, thrift store shopping from the convenience of my own home sounds a little dangerous... in an amazing addictive way haha!)

Unknown said...

What Romertopf Recipe did you use for the Amish bread, we are so curious?

Dr. Mom said...

If you click on the link above in the paragraph it will take you to the recipe. It is still one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I use.

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...