Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Back!!

The beach was great. I tried most of my recipes that I collected which saved us a ton of money. However, it would have been better to get a place with a kitchen. If you plan to go to the beach, I highly recommend going in October. It was still warm but not hot and there were no crowds. The kids had a grand time, though our daughter (3) had a stomach virus the whole first day...yuck. I did learn that if you go in ebay and type in "timeshare" there are some awesome deals to be had if you are flexible about where you want to go on vacation. Owners who can't use their weeks will advertise online so they at least get some money for their condos (which have kitchens). Also, if you are looking for some cheap entertainment for the kids, look online for local public libraries to see if they have any kid programs. I did that before we left and found a great one that had an Owl themed (in honor of Halloween) storytime and art project. The kids loved it and it was free. I will post some pictures just as soon as I download them from the camera. Hope everyone had a great week!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Welcome Back!! It sounds like you had a nice trip.

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...