Sunday, October 26, 2008

Super Great Chili by Accident

Chili has always been a staple in our diet. Just after we were hit by a tornado and money was tighter than usual, I threw in whatever beans we had on hand. One of the cans was a large Bush's Baked beans. It turned out to be the best Chili we ever made. I still make it the same way today, and my husband swears it is better than the Chili his dad made growing up, which is a big compliment. Hopefully he is not reading this! Anyway, if you are in the mood to try something new, try this recipe. However, only use Bush's baked beans (any variety). Other brands of baked beans do not turn out the same.

Chili

Ingredients:

1 to 2 lbs ground beef
1 onion diced
1 tsp of diced garlic (I use the kind already chopped)
1 large can of Bush's Baked Beans (any variety)
1 can Kidney beans
1 large can or 2 small cans tomato sauce (you can also use tomato soup)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 packet chili seasoning

Cook and drain the ground beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

When it comes to baked beans, I am a snob - we only buy Bush's. And that is saying a lot, considering how frugal I am now!! Can't wait to try it!

Stephanie said...

I made this for Halloween. It was wonderful! My entire family raved about it and couldn't believe it when I told them the "secret" ingredient!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...