Thursday, October 16, 2008

Walgreens Trip 10/16/08

I finally got my rebates on a gift card from last month ($86)! Yeah! Walgreens has also sent me a $25 check to transfer a prescription to them since I transferred one away from them. Prescription wars, go figure. So I went today at lunch to pick up some rebate items in order to get the money to use again next month. What a great program! After the initial purchase, you can reuse the same money over and over. Granted you don't get a lot of choices in what you buy, but it is free and it gives you a shopping fix.

Here is what I bought:

Refilled prescription: $10

L'Oreal Cleanser, $7.99
-MF Q $1/1
Final Price: $6.99
Rebate: $7.99 (making it free plus $1 overage)

Extreme Energy 2 pk 6-Hr Shot, $3.99
Final Price: $3.99
Rebate: $3.99 (making it free)

Gillette Shampoo, regularly $5.99, on sale 2/$10
- 2 MF Qs $2/1
Rebate: $5.00 (making them .50 each)

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, $7.99
- MF Q $1/1
Final Price: $6.99
Rebate: $7.99 (making it free plus $1 overage)

Subtotal: $33.47
- $25 Gift Check for transferring prescription
Tax: $2.73
Total: $11.20 which I put on my Rebate Gift Card from last month
OOP: $0

Rebates earned for spending next month: $24.47
FSA to reimburse: $10.00

Thus, I spent nothing out of pocket and I am getting back $34.47.

While I was waiting on the prescription to be filled, I picked up a copy of Walgreen's Diabetes & You to browse through. If you have diabetes, there are some great coupons in this free magazine. What interested me is that there is a recipe in it that uses Fiber One cereal (and a $1/1 MF Q for Fiber One as well). If you are like me, you get a ton of coupons for this cereal. So many in fact, that I don't even like to print them anymore. This recipe looks really good so I wanted to pass it along in case you have a closet full of Fiber One cereal.

Smoke Chipotle Cornbread

1 Cup Fiber One original bran cereal
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7 oz. can)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg

1. Heat oven to 400F. Spray 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir together cereal, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chili powder; set aside. In medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Stir into cereal mixture. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Frugal Finds said...

I really wish we had a Walgreen's!!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...