Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Pie Cake

My friends and I have been doing an online recipe exchange. I received this one this morning. Since it is a great fall recipe and it sounds awesome, I wanted to share.



Pumpkin Pie Cake

by B. Clutter


Ingredients:


Crust

1 box 2 layer yellow cake mix (save 1 cup for later)

1/2 cup butter or margarine softened

1 egg


Filling

1 can (13 ounce) pumpkin
3 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar


Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup reserved cake mix

1 cup pecans


Directions:


Crust: Mix together cake mix (except 1 cup), 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened, and 1 egg. Press into 13x9" pan.


Filling: Mix 1 can (13 ounce) pumpkin, 3 eggs, 2/3 cup evaporated milk, 2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 cup sugar. Pour over crust.


Topping: Mix 1 cup (reserved) cake mix, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Put on pecans. Bake 350 degrees 1 hour and 15 minutes.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I just made this tonight and it turned out incredible! I'm so excited! I just love anything with pumpkin so I'm sure I'll be making it again!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...