Friday, February 6, 2009

Remembering Why I Love CVS: $2.96 for $123

I hadn't planned on going to CVS. I hadn't even looked closely at the ad this week. My afternoon was devoted to getting tags on my car, which were already a month expired. To get the tags I have to have my admissions checked. My car was, of course, deep in piles left behind by my three young children. I decided to clean it up a bit before the admissions guy jumped in. Low and behold I found between the seats some ECBs that I thought I had dropped in the parking lot (very depressing at the time). A number of them were expired, but I had $34 in ECBs that expire tomorrow. I knew that I would not get a good chance to go with the kids around tomorrow so this afternoon was my last chance. Fortunately, I always carry my coupon binder in the car.

So after the tags and with no planning I stopped at CVS. My first move was to use my card at the little machine that spits out coupons when you scan your card. Another complication, I get a $10/$50 coupon and another for a free bottle of CVS mouth wash.

So here is how it went:



Goodnights, regularly 17.99, on sale 13.99
-MF Q $2/1
Final Price: 11.99

L'Oreal Hair Color, regularly 9.99, on sale 2.50
-MF Q $2/1
Final Price: .50

2 L'Oreal Revitalift Moisterizing Wash, regularly 6.99, on sale 5.99
2 MF Qs $2/1
Final Price: $3.99 each (Get 10 ECBs when you buy 2)

Leggs Navy Stockings, regularly 3.24, on sale 1.25

Leggs Nude Stockings, regularly 3.74, on sale 1.25

4 Baby Bottle Pop Candy, 1.49 each (not all pictured - picked kids up next!)
(Get 2 ECBs for buying 4)

CVS Chewable Aspiren, 1.99
(Get 1.99 ECB when you buy one)

CVS Mouthwash, regularly 2.49, on sale 1.87
- CVS Q Free Item
Final Price: Free

Excedrin 10 ct, 2.49
- MF Q $1/1
Final Price: 1.49
(Get 2.49 ECB when you buy one)

2 Mylanta Max, 6.49
- MF Q $4/2
Final Price: 4.49 each
(Get 3 ECBs when you buy one - 6 total)

2 Theraflu Powder Drinks, 6.59
-CVS Coupon $4/2 (Mailed to me)
-2 Blinkie Qs $1.50/1
Final Price: 3.09 each
(Get 5 ECBs when you buy 2)

4 Theraflu Warming Liquids, 6.59
-4 Blinkie Qs $2/1
Final Price: 4.59 each
(Get 5 ECBs when you buy 2 - 10 total)

3 Johnson & Johnson Soaps, 1.19
-IP Q $2/2
-MF Q $1/1
Final Price: .19 each

Total before sales/coupons: $123.00
Sales: 21.09
-$10/$50 Coupon
-$55.96 ECBs (34 expiring and a few I had in my binder)
OOP: $2.96 (saved 98%)

Also gained 37.48 ECBs. I lost out on a few ECBs, but I expected it when I purchased the Pull Ups and being less than prepared. I am just excited that it went as well as it did and I found lost money!

8 comments:

Laura said...

That was an awesome unplanned trip! Congrats! I'm impressed! LOL :)

tigerchick said...

You can get a free movie ticket because of your Revitalift purchase. That is what I did.Go to I heart CVS for the details.
Melanie

Frances said...

Great unplanned trip! My unplanned trips alwasy cost me a LOT more. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed. I wish we had CVS! :-)

Bethany said...

Great job! I am totally impressed with your purchases for no planning!!!

Tshanina said...

Where would the machine that spits out coupons be? This is the first I've heard of this. Does every CVS have one of these?

I enjoy your blog, thanks for sharing.

Dr. Mom said...

Not all CVS stores have those. The one that I was at is less than a year old so it has all the new CVS technology. I know of three others that do not have this machine so I think it is not too common.

DESJ and Company said...

I just wanted to let you know that my CVS takes expired CVS coupons-ie the 10/50 ones-so it might take expired ecbs-the cashier told me they take all expired cvs coupons.

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...