Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stockpile Recipe: Velveeta Cheesy Pasta Casserole

Brenda at Queen of Good Intentions, who btw has a fantastic blog, gave me the link to this recipe at the Velveeta website. It uses two recent sale items that I have totally stockpiled now, Velveeta and Rotel. I am going to repeat the recipe here for my readers, but mainly because I am lazy and don't want to go looking for it when I cook it!

Velveeta Cheesy Pasta Casserole

Ingredients:
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
4 cups cooked rotini pasta
1 pkg. (1 lb.) frozen Italian-style vegetable combination, thawed
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes

Directions:
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Combine ingredients in 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
BAKE 40 min. Let stand 5 min.; stir.

3 comments:

Ronda's Rants said...

Sounds so yummy! :)

Brenda said...

It is really good! I love that it uses some of our our stockpiled items!

Elsbit said...

I made this as well. I thought it was okay, a bit salty for our tastes. We also thought it would be "cheesier". It is missing something that I am not quite sure about. That said, for using items from my stockpile it was worth the attempt. :) It makes ALOT.

I did use whole wheat rotini pasta to make up for the fact I was using "fake cheese". ;)

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...