Thursday, April 16, 2009
Bargain Meal of the Week
It's time for another week of Bargain Meals! Erin over at $5 Dinners (a great read!) is hosting a gathering of bloggers all over the internet, creating frugal meals straight from the sales circulars of their favorite stores. Check it out for even more inspiration.
I don't remember where I got this recipe, however, it's a keeper. This week boneless skinless chicken breasts are 1.99 per lb and Mueller's pasta is 1.39 BOGO (about .70 each). This could easily be under $5.
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
Brown Sugar, 4 tsp unpacked
Chicken Breast, no skin, 12 ounces
Garlic, 1 clove
Butter, salted, 2 tbsp
Salt, 1 tsp
Pepper, black, 1 dash
This makes four servings, 3 oz per person
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan
2. Brown the garlic in the butter
3. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding salt and pepper as you like it.
4. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast
5. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
6. Serve with your favorite carb, and veggie or salad. We usually have rice or noodles and carrots or green beans.
With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal. Food Saver has po...
On the way into work this morning I was trying to think of something that I either do or know about that might help someone else out. It br...
I love baking bread. My husband and I moved around a lot when we were starting out. This meant that we were frequently having to sell our ...
Everyone wants to lose weight but no one wants to diet, me included. My husband and I both needed to lose weight. I have a very good frien...