Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CVS is still my friend!

I have not been to CVS in a while. It seems like after the initial falling in love with CVS and getting just a ton of things for free or nearly free, my trips have slowed down to going when my ECBs are expiring or when there is some super fantastic deal. Perhaps it is because I have stockpiled enough that I no longer really need anything for quite some time, which is of course the whole point of stockpiling. Now I can pick and choose the perfect deals. It is still a great place to go when you have a shopping compulsion and don't want to actually spend your money. So I had 2.99 in ECBs expiring yesterday and needed to turn them over. When I got to CVS I scanned my card and got another $1 in ECB. So here is what I purchased:

2 Sure, regularly 2.99, on sale 2/$5
-2 $1/1 IP Qs
Final Price: 2/$3
ECBs earned: $2 (making them .50 each)

2 Colgate Sensitive Toothpastes, regularly 4.89, on sale 3.99
-2 IP Qs $1/1
Final Price: 2.99 each
ECBs earned: 7.98 (making them free plus $2 overage)

Softsoap Body Wash Apricot Scrub, regularly 5.29, on sale 4.99
-.75/1 MF Q
Final Price: 4.24
ECBs earned: 4.99 (making it free plus .75 overage)

Lady Spead Stick, regularly 3.49, on sale 1.75
-.75/1 MF Q
Final Price: $1.00

Suave Deodorant, regularly 2.39, on sale 1.20
-.50/1 MF Q
Final Price: .70

-I also had the $4/$20 beauty purchase CVS Q. It did not say what a beauty purchase was so I thought I would give it a shot. In my opinion, cleanliness and sweet smell rank high on the beauty scale. It rang up just fine.

-3.99 ECBs

Total before sales/coupons: 28.13
Coupons/Sales: 20.00
OOP: $8.13
Earned: $14.97 ECBs (profit of $2.85)

No comments:

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...