Saturday, April 25, 2009

Black Forest Cobbler

Need I say more? Mmmmmmh! Today I was at a DAR State Convention which is currently being held in Cool Springs (Tennessee, just outside of Nashville). I'm a member of the newly formed Sarah Polk Chapter in Brentwood. We are not your typical DAR group as we meet usually in the evening and contain primarily young professionals and moms of school age children. Other than saving money, my other obsession interest is history (not just my own, but for anyone who will give me info on their dead great-grandparents!). Anyway, one of the best things about the convention (this was my second one) is getting to buy the DAR cookbook, which sells out quickly. And yes, I did pay full price! It's worth it. As I was sitting in a meeting flipping through my newly purchased jewel (when I should have been paying attention...so bad), I happened across the recipe for Black Forest Cobbler. Yum. So what did I do? Rushed right home and made it. It's sinfully good.

Black Forest Cobbler
by Annette Bomar

Ingredients:

1 pkg chocolate butter cake mix
3/4 cup butter
3 eggs, divided
4 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 21 oz can cherry pie filling

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat 1 egg. Add cake mix and butter. Stir until well blended. (Should have the consistency of playdough.) Press mixture into a greased 9 X 13-inch glass baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, cream cheese and remaining eggs. Pour over cake mixture. Spread pie filling over cream cheese mixture. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until outer edges browned and center is almost set. Best served warm or at room temperature.

3 comments:

Frances said...

This looks delish!!

Stephanie said...

This looks awesome! Will definitely try it soon. I've never heard of chocolate butter cake mix - is it easy to find?

Also just have to say - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog! Read it all the time and have recommended it to many friends.

We are SO overdue to meet and have dinner. What about getting the fams together? I'll FB you some dates and see if we can make it happen!

Dr. Mom said...

Hi Stephanie!
I just used regular chocolate cake mix. We do need to meet soon, and we would love to get together! Glad you enjoy the blog. It's fun and way to addicting!

Great Deal on Pork Roasts at Food Saver This Week!

With the food prices about to rise dramatically due to the draught out West, you may want to stock up on this great deal.  Food Saver has po...