It's time for another week of Bargain Meals! Erin over at $5 Dinners (a great read!) is hosting a gathering of bloggers all over the internet, creating frugal meals straight from the sales circulars of their favorite stores. Check it out for even more inspiration. I contribute every Thursday for the current sales at Publix, which run from Wednesday to the following Tuesday. Keep in mind that you do not need to purchase two of a product to get the buy one get one price. Publix marks down their products to half price for the BOGO deals.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweet onion, drained tuna, mozzarella, and mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread tuna mixture on slices of French bread to form a sandwich. Place sandwiches on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Handmade Sourdough French Bread in Baker on sale $2.89
(if you use the Food Lion $2 off of $5 Bakery purchase, it will be cheaper if you purchased two)
Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Tuna 4-pack, currently $7.49 BOGO (making one can .94 each)
Publix Chunk Cheese, 2/$4
Total Price: 5.83 or $4.83 with coupon, plus a little more for onion and mayo.